How do I setup the MyNextbase Connect app with my Dash Cam?
We also have a video tutorial that can be found here.
- Turn the Dash Cam on and stop it from recording (tap the red recording icon).
- Tap the settings cog in the top left.
- Select "Connect Apps" (select MyNextbase if you are using a 322GW model and continue to step 5).
- Select "MyNextbase".
- If this is your first time connecting to the app, tap "Setup Phone", or tap "Paired Devices" to remove existing devices.
- Tap the "OK " button to go to the "Connecting" screen.
- If your camera is now displaying the "Connecting" screen, the MyNextbase app should pick up the camera.
- Open the MyNextbase connect app on your phone (iPhone or Android) and select the "Dash Cam" button at the bottom of the screen and tap "Connect Dash Cam".
- Wait for your Dash Cam model to appear on the screen, the serial number should match the number on the base of your Dash Cam. Tap on this box to connect.
- If you are using an iPhone (or iPad) you will need to wait for your Dash Cam to appear in the "Select An Accessory" window that pops up. This can take up to 2 minutes, when it shows up, tap on it.
Note: If you are using an Android device, skip step 10 and move onto the next step.
- A Bluetooth pairing request should be shown on your phone, the same code should pop up on your Dash Cam screen. Tap "Pair".
- After your Dash Cam and phone have paired, the app on your phone will try to connect via Wi-Fi to check if the firmware is up to date.
- The app will try to connect to your Dash Cam using Wi-Fi, tap "Join"
- Wait for the app to confirm the firmware version on the Dash Cam. If the firmware is not up to date, select the option that says "Update Firmware".
- When your firmware has been updated or if your firmware is already up to date, select "Continue".
- You should now be taken to the Dash Cam file list, this includes all of the Dash Cam videos on the SD card. The files with a padlock next to them are the files that have been protected from being overwritten.
Having trouble connecting?
If you have followed all of the steps listed above and are continuing to experience problems connecting you phone to your Dash Cam, follow the steps in this article to get connected again.