This article relates to the following Dash Cam models, if you have a series 2 Dash Cam click here instead:
- Duo HD
Sharing a video using Cam Viewer Private Share
- In the "Downloaded Videos" section, if you are using an Android device 'long press' the file you would like to share. If you are using an iOS device simply select the sharing icon shown at the bottom of the screen (and skip step 2).
- Select the share icon (Android)
- If you are still connected to your Dash Cam via Wi-Fi, you might be asked to disconnect. If so, tap "Disconnect".
- Select the sharing option called "Cam Viewer Private Share". If this option does not appear on iOS, scroll across and select "More", you should see "Private Share" in this list.
- Wait for your upload to complete, this might take a while depending on your internet speeds. As it uploads you will see the megabytes (circled below) counting upwards.
- After the upload has finished, you will see a link appear with a check mark on the screen.
- Tap the file to show your sharing options, on both Android and iOS we usually recommend selecting the "Copy" option.
- After you have copied the file to your clipboard, simply paste into your preferred app. You can paste it into the body of an email, send through social media or send it in a text (as shown below).
Please sign in to leave a comment.